- No problem, I've made similar mistakes in the past. We're only human. :) Bidgee (talk) 12:45, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
Many people are deleting pics i post. One person who I am really keen to talk to is OSX who has been regularly deleting my posts that I really want shown. I replied to osx and attempted to delete his post as revenge for wrecking my posts. I cannot believe that a person so heartless delete the posts. I dont regularly delete posts but only if they have no description or not relevant to the wiki page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by EurovisionNim (talk • contribs) 04:05, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
- An editor has the right to remove comments off their talk page (except for block notices while blocked or banned, which must remain until the block/ban has concluded), it is also considered as the message being read. Bidgee (talk) 04:21, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
File:1989 Newcastle earthquake map.png
Nice work on the map here. Did you take a class to learn how to do this or are you in the (earth sciences) field? I think it's the only one of its kind that I've seen. Dawnseeker2000 (talk) 21:55, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
- I agree. File:1989 Newcastle earthquake map.png is a good illustration. Walter Siegmund (talk) 15:02, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, I'd stopped by because I wanted to ask about Bidgee's qualifications. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but if there isn't a background in seismology or geology, I don't think that it should be used in the article. There are supporters of the map that are making their case on the talk page for the earthquake article on the English WP, and I'm formulating a response now. I'm not going to make a huge stink and go back and forth on this over there (although I did remove the file on Monday and met resistance (status quo, he said)) and today I'm just going to post what I think and why. Dawnseeker2000 (talk) 01:38, 6 August 2014 (UTC)
Commons:Administrators' noticeboard/User problems#File:Presidential Standard of the Republic of Korea.svg
- Just read the whole thing, closed as no action is required. Bidgee (talk) 07:14, 8 August 2014 (UTC)
I am contacting you as I saw your name on the white tailed water rat (Hydromis Chrysogaster) page. I have just join Wiki with the view to adding some good quality photos to some of the articles. I cannot work out how to do so even after reading several help pages. There seems to be a difference between the screen shots in some help pages and what I find in reality in Edit mode. Could you a/ explain to me how to add photos or
b/ introduce me to an interested party to whom I could email my photos and they could upload them.
- You could use the Upload Wizard (I was hoping to do a video on how to upload on Commons and insert photographs on Wikipedia, but I'm currently busy with uni ATM) or I use the Basic Form, though this is more for uploaders who are use to the old form. Bidgee (talk) 11:30, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.