- 1 Commons:Deletion requests/File:HaMakhtesh HaGadol IMG 5985.jpg
- 2 Tip: Categorizing images
- 3 File:Bairro de Santana.jpg
- 4 File:Galvanised payphone booth.jpg / categorisation
- 5 Santana Photo
- 6 File:Dancing around the Maypole.jpg
- 7 Why interference Category:Gastronomy?
- 8 Immagini da cancellare
- 9 Blocki
- 10 Your error
- 11 Small wind turbines photo revert
- 12 Re: Tracks
- 13 Help
- 14 Nice photos
- 15 VP edit
- 16 temperature graphics
- 17 Please see this
- 18 And false licence
- 19 And this too
- 20 And other files with problematic licences uploaded by user:Mladifilozof
- 21 File:Winfrid Trenkler at Schallwelle 2009 by Werner Volmer.jpg
- 22 Molte grazie - ma parli italiano?
- 23 Tata Sierra
- 24 Bunnings / Mitre 10
- 25 Thanks for your vote on my RfCU
- 26 A Petition
- 27 Tata Elegante and Fiat Panda
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 08:23, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Unknown butterfly.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Survey marker.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Faulty CCD.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Faulty CCD 1.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Unidentified lizard.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Steel arrow.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Unknown butterfly 1.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Unknown butterfly 2.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Hemianax papuensis.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:ORB - Lysaght corrugated iron.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Rachael Rees.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Lav90 Deleted Pictures I don't understand this website, you want people to contribute to it, but all you do is delete the work people do!!!!!! Those images were taken by myself, how is that copyright, please explain to me why you did this, i didn't take up all my time for nothing. Please put them back, as I did nothing wrong.
The autor of the photo Bairro de Santana.jpg will send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org I want to know if I can put the picture again before you delete. Around two days or less the author said he would send the e-mail. Thanks Peter Louiz.--Pedu0303 (talk) 17:50, 8 October 2009 (UTC)
File:Galvanised payphone booth.jpg / categorisation
- I may have miscategorised it but you could have corrected it or informed me about it (which I would have fixed) rather then just removing it. In my edit summary I wasn't having ago at you (I apologise if it seem like it did) but your above comment is rather rude (Shocking : it's not my fault that you made a mistake.). Bidgee (talk) 13:31, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
- As stated in the deletion summary, if OTRS receives the email the file will be undeleted. Bidgee (talk) 07:13, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
Hi can you undelete this please? It had the correct license at the time it was uploaded. Its also used in an aticle currently going through a GA process. - Thomas Gun (talk) 01:58, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
- If this was uploaded in 2006, I would undelete (Infact I may have removed the speedy as Flickr Review wasn't inplace until late 2006) but since this was uploaded in June this year when it should have had a Flickr review added but since it wasn't no one (Trusted editors or Admins) could verifiy it was uploaded on the license. Since it is currently copyrighted on Flickr it can't be verified that it was uploaded as CC-BY, I will not be undeleting the file. Bidgee (talk) 07:11, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
Why interference Category:Gastronomy?
Immagini da cancellare
visto che parli italiano ti posso linkare le immagini da cancellare che ho caricato io (provenienti da altri siti web), in modo da evitare un ban o un cancellamento totale di tutti i file, te li linko e tu magari lo traduci a qualche moderatore in inglese così li cancellano? --Corvettec6r (talk) 15:08, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Bidgee, please see: User talk:OSX#corvettes images and User talk:Typ932#images. OSX (talk • contributions) 22:51, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Bidgee, if you could hold off any further deletions for a couple more days that would be good as Corvettec6r is still finding images that are in fact valid. OSX (talk • contributions) 06:52, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
You may have doubts about a wok of art since as you say you know little about it. Blocki died of tubeculosis in 1920. The picture in question had, thus, be painted before, one can hardly imagine him painting it afterwords. Most probably it was painted earlier, around 1905... So it is more than 70 years old (the rules for public domain at least in Polish Wikipedia). Also the right for on object of art reproduction belongs to the owner, doesn't it?--Wikidajlo57 (talk) 22:27, 25 November 2009 (UTC)
- If I am replying in the correct place. Will try later to follow the order and upload the plot of the signature.
But it is silly. Really. No wonder people withdraw from Wikipedia. Try on www.wikipedia.pl search for blocki ... it will show the possible link to the name written with polish letters. Sorry about our alphabet.--Wikidajlo57 (talk) 18:10, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
- Bidgee, I do not believe Wikidajlo57 is making anything up. I do not see a problem with initiating an undelete. Should I open up a request or can you do it without one? OSX (talk • contributions) 23:25, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
I transfered two files Blockisign.jpg which shows the enlargement of the signature, the word Paryz (meaning paris in polish) and the year 914 (meaning 1914 - common style to give 3 digits in Poland at the turn of the XIX/XX centrury). Also file Blocki914.jpg which seems a better quality picture than the file submitted before. Hope this is sufficient. Salve--Wikidajlo57 (talk) 07:57, 27 November 2009 (UTC)
- Don't worry about it, everything is fine now. The images comply with the Commons licensing requirements. Cheers OSX (talk • contributions) 00:15, 1 December 2009 (UTC)
- Should be fixed now. I noticed the error after I saved it and redid it correctly but seems that it didn't correct itself. Seems that everything is fine now though. Bidgee (talk) 11:02, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
Small wind turbines photo revert
Hi Bidgee: I was curious as to your revert of the cropped image of the small wind turbine photo, and your suggestion that the newer image be uploaded with a different file name. I ask in order to avoid similar reverts in the future. Best: HarryZilber 21:53, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
- Cropped image is technically a new image of an original, As I suggested uploaded it under File:SOMA Wind generator (cropped).jpg. Bidgee (talk) 00:36, 21 December 2009 (UTC)
Im not sure about the Licensing - i just know that several of the other tracks are under PD-Self so thats why i put it under that. Also the JTWC is under the US Navy Juristrication as oppossed to NOAA's. But anyway yeah it was a nice and peaceful christmas and i hope you had a nice christmas despite laurence affecting your region. Seasons Greetings Jason Rees (talk) 14:57, 26 December 2009 (UTC)
Can you please close this DR as a delete. If you read the DR closely, there is no way Commons can keep it now. Please help,
- Thanks for your kind help. I know there is a backlog of DRs on Commons and was hoping these simple ones could be dealt with now. With kind Regards, --Leoboudv (talk) 01:04, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, thanks! Only had 45 minutes to go around and photograph as the zoo closes at 4pm on weekdays (6pm on weekends but going to be rather busy in the coming weeks) but the mesh (small rectangle shape) used for the bird aviary really isn't camera friendly! Bidgee (talk) 15:15, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
did you create the temp charts used in the wikipedia heatwave article with excel? if so, any chance of sharing your template to create some charts for the 2010 heatwaves across SE Australia? []
Please see this
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File_talk:Voivodship_and_Serbia.png PANONIAN (talk) 15:12, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
Also, do you see what you done by reverting my edits on that page: http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3AVoivodship_and_Serbia.png&action=historysubmit&diff=34327671&oldid=34202186 - you changed word "based" into "basead" then word "Serbian" into "servian", etc. It is tragic that as an admin you are so subjective and you treat just all my edits as disruption while all my edits are done in good faith and with goal of improvement of this web site. You maybe are not familiar with my work here, but I work in different Wiki projects for 5 years and during that time I made about 200-300 various political, historical, ethnical and other maps, most of which are uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, so it is little late to treat me like some vandal. Regarding user:Mladifilozof, I had disputes with him in other Wiki projects as well and such dispute only moved here, so what ever I might said about him is based on the whole picture of his actions in all Wiki projects (and you did not saw this whole picture to judge this issue objectively). Anyway, in very good faith I noted you that he use false licences in some files, so what you will do with that is your own bussines. But, the important issue which I want to discuss here is improvement of old files. Maps are not same as photographs, so if an map contains wrong info or other mistakes, improvement and correction of such mistake could only give more credibility to this web site. I do not think that it will benefit to Wikimedia Commons that people upload all kind of stuff here and that such stuff is kept here without competent evaluation of their value. Also, improvement of one map could be small or significant, but some maps would need significant improvement and users should be encouraged to improve existing maps, not discouraged. Now, let us discuss about Wiki rules regarding this: I do not know for a Wiki rule that do not allow me to upload new version of file that is significantly different from older version or for a rule that do not allow me to upload new version of a public domain file that was uploaded by another user. Regarding file "Voivodship and Serbia.png" the version to which you reverted has many mistakes (which I described on discussion page) and two file versions are similar enough that it is clear that this is a version of same work, not "other work", especially if you examine origin of the file more carefully. Furthermore, the uploader obviously accepted file version uploaded by me in this case and he even removed "factual accuracy" tag from it: http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3AVoivodship_and_Serbia.png&action=historysubmit&diff=34045392&oldid=33416687 - so I do not see why you opened again this dispute which was already closed, as well as disscussion on file discussion page? So, I am asking you to be neutral in this issue, to revert that file back to my last version (an admin should not choose a file version in POV disputes) and if user:Mladifilozof raise any other question regarding this file on discussion page, I will try to solve that problem by discussion with him. PANONIAN (talk) 17:21, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
And false licence
And would you take some action regarding false licence in this file or not: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:League_of_Prizren.jpg PANONIAN (talk) 15:37, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
And this too
One more thing, see this: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Greater_Serbia_in_Yugoslavia.png - How user:Mladifilozof would have right to upload new versions of files uploaded by other users and I would not have right to do the same with files uploaded by him? PANONIAN (talk) 17:43, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
And other files with problematic licences uploaded by user:Mladifilozof
Licences expired, but no date of creation or author:
Note that these are only some of the first files that he uploaded in 2008 (I did not examined all of them), but the latest one with this problem ("League of Prizren.jpg") was uploaded on November 16, 2009, so we have here more than a year of uploads of files with problematic licences. PANONIAN (talk) 17:57, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
Hi Bidgee, I wondered, if there is a more broader way to proof licensing, as the source provided a larger collection of pictures eligible for Commons-use, and requesting permissions for each single file seems a bit much of paperwork. Thanks --StefanSchulzDe (talk) 10:04, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- Hi again. I sent the permission copy to OTRS, do I have to notify someone about it? Thanks --StefanSchulzDe (talk) 16:24, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
Molte grazie - ma parli italiano?
Molte grazie anche per avere rinominato il secondo file della category:Montella e cioè
Montella Varo della Spina.jpg
sei stato davvero gentile. Come mai parli italiano su questo tuo user talk? Sei di origine italiana? Molti italiani sono in Australia
can you renamed this file please http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MHV_Tata_Sumo_01.jpg ?? --Corvettec6r (talk) 19:25, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
Bunnings / Mitre 10
Hi, Bidgee I seen you do a lot for the Wiki community but I would you be able to take some more pictures of the Timber departments in the Wagga Wagga Bunnings and Mitre 10s?
Just read the two message at the top of page "Bidgee currently has a very large back-log of photographs to upload." So don't worry you've obviously got a lot more going on to add this to the list.--HazelBlk (talk) 11:03, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for your vote on my RfCU
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review my request for checkuser rights. I hope one more CU will make a difference, at least for the other CUs' workload! Regards, --Eusebius (talk) 16:22, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
Tata Elegante and Fiat Panda
Can you renamed this please?
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Italian_Hyundai_Sonica_J2.jpg sorry but can you renamed this ? :-) --Corvettec6r (talk) 10:47, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Fiat_Bravo_/_Brava can you delete this? --Corvettec6r (talk) 17:10, 21 February 2010 (UTC)