More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 File:Mikunya.jpg
- 2 Tip: Categorizing images
- 3 File:The billboard about Cambodian general election，2013.JPG
- 4 Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2013! Please help with this survey.
- 5 Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey!
- 6 File:The girls'uniform of Taipei Municipal Zhong Shan Girls High School.jpg
- 7 Kinmen County photos
|File:Mikunya.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Fuzhou ACE.jpg was uncategorized on 19 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 21:01, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Fukui Yukari in ACE.jpg was uncategorized on 19 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 21:01, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:The Garden Expro Garden in Xiamen.jpg was uncategorized on 24 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:48, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Nanding Island.jpg was uncategorized on 11 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:15, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:南碇岛全景.jpg was uncategorized on 11 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:15, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
|File:The billboard about Cambodian general election，2013.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2013! Please help with this survey.
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 365,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from more than 50 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2013.
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey!
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey. Your answers will help us improve the organization of future photo contests!
In case you haven't filled in the questionnaire yet, you can still do so during the next 7 days.
And by the way: the winning pictures of this year's international contest have been announced. Enjoy!
This media has been deleted.
A file that you uploaded to Wikimedia Commons from Flickr, File:The girls'uniform of Taipei Municipal Zhong Shan Girls High School.jpg, was found available on Flickr by an administrator or reviewer under the license , which isn't compatible with Wikimedia Commons, per the licensing policy. The file has been deleted. Commons:Flickr files/Appeal for license change has information about sending the Flickr user an appeal asking for the license to be changed. Only Flickr images tagged as (CC BY) or (CC BY-SA) are allowed on Wikimedia Commons. If the Flickr user has changed the license of the Flickr image, feel free to ask an administrator to restore the file, or start an undeletion request. Túrelio (talk) 16:24, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
Kinmen County photos
Hi BreakdownDiode, thanks a lot for the photos of Kinmen (such as the national quemoy university, fujian provincial government etc). very rare people will go to such places, especially in kinmen. oh ya, can you also take the photo of the Kinmen County Government (金門縣政府) office building and Kinmen County Council (金門縣議會)? I created those articles (in English Wikipedia), but there are still no photos yet. Thanks a lot! Chongkian (talk) 18:48, 10 January 2015 (UTC)