More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:42, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Falaise de Bandiagara2.jpg is uncategorized since 28 May 2009.
- Image:Falaise de Bandiagara3.jpg is uncategorized since 28 May 2009.
- Image:Marché Dogon.jpg is uncategorized since 28 May 2009.
- Image:Village du plateau Dogon.jpg is uncategorized since 28 May 2009.
- Image:Village Dogon1.jpg is uncategorized since 28 May 2009.
- Image:Falaise de bandiagara1.jpg is uncategorized since 28 May 2009.
- Image:TPT au départ.JPG is uncategorized since 5 June 2009.
- Image:Vars.JPG is uncategorized since 10 July 2009.