User talk:Canada Hky
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Hey! Have you pictures of Finnish players, excpesially of 22# Mikael Granlund??
Hi, thank you for all your ice beautiful hockey pics. I want to known if you have pics of russian players like Vladimir Tarasenko, Nikita Zaitsev, Maksim Kytsin, Nikita Pivtsakin, Magomed Gimbatov or others. --Benj05 (talk) 08:48, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Canada Hky!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:TessaBonhomme.jpg was uncategorized on 4 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:55, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:SamiJoSmall.jpg was uncategorized on 4 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:55, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:CamFowlerDucks.jpg was uncategorized on 1 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 2 January 2011 (UTC)
- Image:CoreyPerryDucks.jpg was uncategorized on 1 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 2 January 2011 (UTC)
I was looking though some of our deletion requests and came across an image from the Flickr web site that you asked about on the Help desk last year. Just thought I would let you know that the photographer told me that he only volunteer's at the US Military Acadamy, so none of his photos would be public domain. I did a search to make sure that we did not have any other images from this users Flickr site and came across your question. --Captain-tucker (talk) 19:01, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2012!
Dear Canada Hky,
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 350,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from 36 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.
- Message delivered by the Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 notification system on 22:59, 26 October 2012 (UTC)