|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Yann 10:32, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
Please give images good descriptions
I noticed you've uploaded one or more images and I thought I should turn your attention to a common error.
Please give some thought to writing a good description of uploaded images. This ensures that they can be used. It also helps those that review and improve categories do a better job, which also ensures that images will get used in novel and interesting ways. Thanks, and happy editing! __ ABF __ ϑ 12:55, 14 December 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Jack Pizzey.jpg is uncategorized since 27 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:41, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Frank Nicklin.jpg is uncategorized since 27 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:41, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Frederick Innes.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:James Milne Wilson.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Icon of Coil.jpg was uncategorized on 2 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:49, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
sort of confused
Hi, while going through all the SLQ images, matching the old uploads with the new dataset, I've come across File:Robert Herbert.jpg, which is nearly the same as . Did you retouch the image before uploading? If so, I think I should upload the SLQ image over that file, and then revert back to your revision. John Vandenberg (chat) 12:49, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
- Sure, do whatever you like. I don't remember retouching that image but I may have as there seems to be a scratch on the SLQ version which isn't on that one. --Canley (talk) 12:55, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
TUSC token 913224f71604d57294c97246d3b867f2
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Hello. Thank you for uploading File:William Murray McPherson.jpg, however the license that you have uploaded it under has been deprecated. Please could you select a new free license that describes the rights of the file correctly? If you are not able to do this, the file will be deleted in 7 days.
For more information on licenses that can be used on Wikimedia Commons, please see Commons:Licensing. If you have any questions, please ask at the Help desk. Thank you for your patience and consideration. This is an automatic message by Nikbot.--Filnik 12:38, 17 August 2012 (UTC)