More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Orange County CA Downtown palm trees.JPG was uncategorized on 19 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Orange County CA Downtown palm trees between bldg2.JPG was uncategorized on 19 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:CALUMET MICHIGAN MAIN ST DSC01896.JPG was uncategorized on 14 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Kyoto, Japan, School Girls, Olym1 043.jpg was uncategorized on 2 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 3 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Kyoto, Japan, Fake Giesha Girl, Olym2 102.jpg was uncategorized on 2 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 3 August 2011 (UTC)
Do you know the (formal) color of this cat and can you add it to the description? Your virtually, 18.104.22.168 13:19, 12 June 2010 (UTC)