User talk:Ch vik
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Ch vik!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Profil Liberec–Kořenov.png was uncategorized on 2 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Profil Auvernier–Pontarlier.png was uncategorized on 2 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 3 December 2010 (UTC)
File:Loewenkopffelsen - Tal der Schwarzen Pockau.jpg
Hallo Ch vik, nur falls du es nicht weißt: Höhere Auflösungen sind gern gesehen. File:Loewenkopffelsen - Tal der Schwarzen Pockau.jpg Dann kann man noch besser hineinzoomen. Wie haben auch extra ein Betrachtermodul für größere Bilder mit Zoom- und Schwenkfunktion. Viele Grüße --Saibo (Δ) 21:41, 7 March 2011 (UTC)
- Ist in Originalgröße gesticht. --Ch vik (talk) 19:06, 10 March 2011 (UTC)
- Na gut - wenn es nicht mehr zu holen gibt - dann eben nicht. :-) Viele Grüße --Saibo (Δ) 00:53, 11 March 2011 (UTC)