More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Db-marker.jpg was uncategorized on 7 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 8 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Db-pen.jpg was uncategorized on 7 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 8 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Pencil-db.jpg was uncategorized on 8 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:39, 9 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:BluePen.jpg was uncategorized on 8 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:39, 9 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Safari iphone.JPG was uncategorized on 8 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:39, 9 January 2010 (UTC)
|You've uploaded a derivative work||We're sorry, but File:Safari iphone.jpg has been marked as a copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content, that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Reproductions of copyrighted works are also subject to the same copyright, and therefore this file must unfortunately be considered non-free. For more information, please read Commons:Derivative works and Commons:Freedom of panorama. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added will soon be deleted. If you believe this file is not a derivative of a non-free work, please explain why on the file description page. In case the file has already been deleted, you may contact the administrator who deleted it or make an undeletion request.
Hi. I have been using the Charm username on the English Wikipedia since 2004. Now that Wikimedia is using Unified Login, I have created the Unified Login for Charm. Since you're not actively using this account, would you consent to having it changed so I can use the same username here that I use on the other Wikimedia sites? Thank you. 188.8.131.52 20:59, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
|File:Safari iphone.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.