- 1 TUSC token 259b6bc01efe785e48ac5fbedc421f5e
- 2 Valued Image Set Promotion
- 3 A gift
- 4 No subject
- 5 Category:Rosia_Montana_Roman_Gold_Mines
- 6 ad hominem comments in DR
- 7 Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2013! Please help with this survey.
- 8 File source is not properly indicated: File:Cetatea Oratea vazuta de pe soseaua Campulung - Brasov (DN73).jpg
- 9 Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey!
- 10 Picture of the Year 2013 R2 Announcement
- 11 Picture of the Year 2013 Results Announcement
- 12 Maps of the history of Romania in the Middle Ages
- 13 EDH
- 14 ArchiveBot
TUSC token 259b6bc01efe785e48ac5fbedc421f5e
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Valued Image Set Promotion
|Hello, Codrinb. Check your email—you've got mail!
|Category:Rosia_Montana_Roman_Gold_Mines has been listed at Commons:Categories for discussion so that the community can discuss ways in which it should be changed. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this category, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for discussion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it. If the category is up for deletion because it has been superseded, consider the notion that although the category may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new category.
In all cases, please do not take the category discussion personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!
ad hominem comments in DR
Hi Codrinb, there is an ongoing discussion about some of the comments within Commons:Deletion requests/File:Biserica de lemn din Apatiu (2).JPG at the administrative board. While I understand that deletion requests can be upsetting, it is still best to stay calm and avoid ad hominem comments such as this. Could you please consider to strike out this comment? This would help to take the heat out of this discussion. Thanks and regards, AFBorchert (talk) 07:40, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
- I am sorry I lost my tempter, but I find a lot of the DRs coming from that user absolutely frivolous and irrational. It is impossible not too. Look at this one. The Dacians from the Trajan's column died a long time ago, and so did Conrad Cichorius. Yet, for him, they could be reasons for copyright. And here he managed to delete the image of a Dacian Draco from a museum, as copyrightable taxidermy. Except this was not a stuffed animal but a symbol, a flag. I can strike out my comment, but someone has to seriously look at this person's activities and motives. Currently he seems to be focused on deleting in mass materials related to Romanian history and culture, stretching and bending rules such as FOP.--Codrin.B (talk) 09:28, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2013! Please help with this survey.
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 365,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from more than 50 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2013.
File source is not properly indicated: File:Cetatea Oratea vazuta de pe soseaua Campulung - Brasov (DN73).jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Cetatea Oratea vazuta de pe soseaua Campulung - Brasov (DN73).jpg, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
Leyo 15:52, 30 November 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey!
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey. Your answers will help us improve the organization of future photo contests!
In case you haven't filled in the questionnaire yet, you can still do so during the next 7 days.
And by the way: the winning pictures of this year's international contest have been announced. Enjoy!
Picture of the Year 2013 R2 Announcement
Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: Deutsch, Ελληνικά, English, français, magyar, italiano, македонски, 日本語, русский, svenska
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the second round of the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category have continued to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 2 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.
Picture of the Year 2013 Results Announcement
Picture of the Year 2013 Results
- In other languages: Deutsch, español, français, 日本語, Nederlands, русский, svenska, Türkçe, українська
The 2013 Picture of the Year competition has ended and we are pleased to announce the results: We shattered participation records this year — more people voted in Picture of the Year 2013 than ever before. In both rounds, 4070 different people voted for their favorite images. Additionally, there were more image candidates (featured pictures) in the contest than ever before (962 images total).
- In the first round, 2852 people voted for all 962 files
- In the second round, 2919 people voted for the 50 finalists (the top 30 overall and top 2 in each category)
We congratulate the winners of the contest and thank them for creating these beautiful images and sharing them as freely licensed content:
- 157 people voted for the winner, an image of a lightbulb with the tungsten filament smoking and burning.
- In second place, 155 people voted for an image of "Sviati Hory" (Holy Mountains) National Park in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine.
- In third place, 131 people voted for an image of a swallow flying and drinking.
We also sincerely thank to all 4070 voters for participating and we hope you will return for next year's contest in early 2015. We invite you to continue to participate in the Commons community by sharing your work.
the Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.
Maps of the history of Romania in the Middle Ages
Why you included into that category a lot of maps which are not show territory of Romania at all? For example, this one or this one? I suggest that you examine category where you included such maps and to remove unrelated maps from it: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Maps_of_the_history_of_Romania_in_the_Middle_Ages PANONIAN (talk) 15:48, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, it was in error :-) I am cleaning up what I find. No hostile annexation of territory, for sure ;-) Thanks for bringing it up. --Codrin.B (talk) 20:32, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
|Hello, Codrinb. You have new messages at Denitsa Dzhigova's talk page.
Hello, I didn´t really get it how I have to answer you and I hope you see my message here. I work for EDH (Epigraphische Datenbank Heidelberg) and my boss is selecting fotos of inscriptions and adds them to the Category Withoutlink to EDH from where I get them and work on them. To work on them means to search for this exact inscription on different databases but specially on EDH and if we have it, then I link the foto with the EDH-page. Then I remove the Category (Without Link to EDH) and put a new one - Linke to EDH. At the end my boss can see how many and whitch inscriptions I´ve worked on.
I hope this answers your question.
Hi, I noticed you have set up User:MiszaBot to archive your talk page. Unfortunately, the bot has stopped working, and given how its operator is inactive, it is unclear when/if this will fixed. For the time being, I have volunteered to operate a MiszaBot clone (running the exact same code). With that said, your input would be appreciated at Commons:Bots/Requests/ArchiveBot 1. Regards, FASTILY 07:44, 20 April 2014 (UTC)