- 1 TUSC token 259b6bc01efe785e48ac5fbedc421f5e
- 2 Valued Image Set Promotion
- 3 A gift
- 4 No subject
- 5 Picture of the Year 2013 Results Announcement
- 6 Maps of the history of Romania in the Middle Ages
- 7 EDH
- 8 ArchiveBot
- 9 Cat-a-lot
- 10 File:Eu vorbesc limba moldovenească.jpg
- 11 File:AsambleaDeAlbaIulia19181201.jpg
TUSC token 259b6bc01efe785e48ac5fbedc421f5e
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Valued Image Set Promotion
|Hello, Codrinb. Check your email—you've got mail!
Picture of the Year 2013 Results Announcement
Picture of the Year 2013 Results
- In other languages: Deutsch, español, français, 日本語, Nederlands, русский, svenska, Türkçe, українська
The 2013 Picture of the Year competition has ended and we are pleased to announce the results: We shattered participation records this year — more people voted in Picture of the Year 2013 than ever before. In both rounds, 4070 different people voted for their favorite images. Additionally, there were more image candidates (featured pictures) in the contest than ever before (962 images total).
- In the first round, 2852 people voted for all 962 files
- In the second round, 2919 people voted for the 50 finalists (the top 30 overall and top 2 in each category)
We congratulate the winners of the contest and thank them for creating these beautiful images and sharing them as freely licensed content:
- 157 people voted for the winner, an image of a lightbulb with the tungsten filament smoking and burning.
- In second place, 155 people voted for an image of "Sviati Hory" (Holy Mountains) National Park in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine.
- In third place, 131 people voted for an image of a swallow flying and drinking.
We also sincerely thank to all 4070 voters for participating and we hope you will return for next year's contest in early 2015. We invite you to continue to participate in the Commons community by sharing your work.
the Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.
Maps of the history of Romania in the Middle Ages
Why you included into that category a lot of maps which are not show territory of Romania at all? For example, this one or this one? I suggest that you examine category where you included such maps and to remove unrelated maps from it: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Maps_of_the_history_of_Romania_in_the_Middle_Ages PANONIAN (talk) 15:48, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, it was in error :-) I am cleaning up what I find. No hostile annexation of territory, for sure ;-) Thanks for bringing it up. --Codrin.B (talk) 20:32, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
|Hello, Codrinb. You have new messages at Denitsa Dzhigova's talk page.
Hello, I didn´t really get it how I have to answer you and I hope you see my message here. I work for EDH (Epigraphische Datenbank Heidelberg) and my boss is selecting fotos of inscriptions and adds them to the Category Withoutlink to EDH from where I get them and work on them. To work on them means to search for this exact inscription on different databases but specially on EDH and if we have it, then I link the foto with the EDH-page. Then I remove the Category (Without Link to EDH) and put a new one - Linke to EDH. At the end my boss can see how many and whitch inscriptions I´ve worked on.
I hope this answers your question.
Hi, I noticed you have set up User:MiszaBot to archive your talk page. Unfortunately, the bot has stopped working, and given how its operator is inactive, it is unclear when/if this will fixed. For the time being, I have volunteered to operate a MiszaBot clone (running the exact same code). With that said, your input would be appreciated at Commons:Bots/Requests/ArchiveBot 1. Regards, FASTILY 07:44, 20 April 2014 (UTC)
Bună. Am observat ca folosint Cat-a-lot ai început să adaugi categorii pentru imaginile (hărţile de localizare) din categoria Category:Locator maps of cities in Romania (de exemplu, harta de localizare a oraşului Haţeg). Te rog nu te grăbi să le adaugi, pentru că o voi face eu sistematic imediat ce termin de adăugat hărţile de localizare pentru oraşele care lipsesc şi după ce termin categoriile cu oraşele României. Mulţumesc.
- Buna. Uneori lucrez la articolele legate de localitati din Romania, si in procesul asta, de obicei strang toate imagine care le pot gasi pe commons pentru o anumite localitate (nu doar harti). Nu ma grabesc cu nimic :-), si ma bucur ca lucrezi sistematic si tu la organizare, dar nu prea inteleg unde ar fi problema. Commons si WP sunt sisteme de colaborare prin definitie, si putem lucra in paralel la diferite aspecte, categorisiri, articole etc. Oricum nu lucrez la Category:Locator maps of cities in Romania in mod specific. --Codrin.B (talk) 16:14, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- I am proposing for deletion politically-loaded, propaganda material in unfree content that you stolen from the internet. Is that censorship to you? What you have done in the 1st place is not permissible.--Codrin.B (talk) 09:32, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
I've improved it a bit; I suspect it might be wise to upload a copy to en-wiki with Template:Keep Local on it, though. Trying to decide whether to remove the line, or to just hope for a better copy, as removing those sorts of lines from half-toned images can become interestingly difficult. Adam Cuerden (talk) 17:16, 21 July 2014 (UTC)