More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
-- 15:19, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Zuiderzeeislands.png was uncategorized on 29 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:00, 30 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Europe in languages, without borders.png was uncategorized on 3 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:14, 4 January 2012 (UTC)
The yellow area on the map is really not realistic with respect to the main spoken language there. Not sure why you didn't show Hungarian speakers in Romania, or Albanian speakers in Kosovo and the Republic of Macedonia. Showing the island of Crete as Semitic-language-speaking is completely wrong! AnonMoos (talk) 12:28, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- File:Indo-European languages in Europe.png is more realistic... AnonMoos (talk) 06:19, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- It is, but they don't show official languages
How are these regions defined, and who recognizes them? Splitting the UK into three regions while respecting the territorial integrity of Czechoslovakia seems rather strange. AnonMoos (talk) 12:41, 8 January 2012 (UTC)