More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Kiss László 2011.jpg was uncategorized on 12 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Photographer's Barnstar|
|Thank you so much for the numerous photographs of Hungarian female footballers that you have taken and uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. Please accept this barnstar as a small token of my appreciation. Photographers like you are a huge reason why Commons is such a great resource. Thanks again! Michael Barera (talk) 02:25, 24 July 2014 (UTC)|