User talk:Daris Bayliss
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
-- 08:34, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Daris Bayliss!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Jenson Button India GP 2011.jpg was uncategorized on 15 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:11, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Counter Vandalism Unit.png was uncategorized on 7 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:10, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
Hi - just to let you know that from a CU perspective you appear to be an additional account of the one you reported. Kindly confine yourself to using just one account. Thanks --Herby talk thyme 15:54, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
that image sucks and is small. there are tons of commons earth images out there.change it up or i will since that 40 pixel junk is the craps. why would you change it back ? dont insult the earth ;p