|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Image:GlocesterRoadTube2.jpg
- 2 TUSC token 366787b7272629841232e309dc731da0
- 3 Tip: Categorizing images
- 4 Great Northern, Piccadilly and/& Brompton Railway
- 5 File:Underground Stations in Shepherd's Bush.svg
- 6 Copyright status: File:Down Street tube station plan.svg
- 7 File:Patrick Abercrombie, 1945.png
- 8 Aldwych
.. and others. It does not make sense to categorize any pictures in Category:Buildings by architect. Either you know the architect, then use the cat thats there (for example Category:Buildings by Leslie Green) or create one with the architects name. If you don't know the architect, just leave this cat off. TomAlt (talk) 22:51, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
TUSC token 366787b7272629841232e309dc731da0
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:44, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Original Stockwell station layout.png is uncategorized since 10 April 2009.
- Image:Putney Vale Crematorium.jpg is uncategorized since 8 May 2009.
- Image:Brockley Hill tube station viaduct.jpg is uncategorized since 9 May 2009.
- Image:Chalk Farm tube station.jpg is uncategorized since 9 May 2009.
- Image:Pembroke Lodge, Richmond Park.jpg is uncategorized since 9 May 2009.
- Image:The Stag.jpg is uncategorized since 26 May 2009.
- Image:Yeoveney Halt station.png was uncategorized on 19 October 2009.
- Image:London Transport Barnstar.svg was uncategorized on 28 October 2009.
- Image:CLR 1909.png was uncategorized on 4 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Aldwych in 1900 (station location).png was uncategorized on 8 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:42, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:George Shillibeer.jpg was uncategorized on 30 November 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Sir Charles Bressey.jpg was uncategorized on 30 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Edward Twining, Governor.png was uncategorized on 23 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:14, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
Great Northern, Piccadilly and/& Brompton Railway
Hi, I'm not clear why you created Category:Great Northern, Piccadilly & Brompton Railway when Category:Great Northern, Piccadilly and Brompton Railway already existed. I carefully selected the name of the category as using "and" not "&" in order to match the wikipedia article w:Great Northern, Piccadilly and Brompton Railway.
Further, not sure why you made it, and also Category:Baker Street and Waterloo Railway, sub-categories of Category:London Underground maps when my intention for both Category:Baker Street and Waterloo Railway and Category:Great Northern, Piccadilly and Brompton Railway was that they would be for all BS&W or GNP&B images, not just maps. It just happens that the maps are all that I'd got around to categorising; in fact at the moment I am concentrating on the Railway Clearing House junction diagrams, and have been building a logical hierarchical structure for these, involving the categories whose names include the letters "RJD" (Railway Junction Diagram).
Taking Category:Baker Street and Waterloo Railway RJD as an example, here's how I set it up:
- Category:Baker Street and Waterloo Railway RJD is sub to Category:Baker Street and Waterloo Railway and to Category:London Underground RJD
- Category:Baker Street and Waterloo Railway is sub to Category:London Underground
- Category:London Underground RJD is sub to Category:London Underground
Might I suggest the following structure instead - there's an extra level for maps, in between the RJD and the railway:
- Category:Baker Street and Waterloo Railway RJD sub to Category:Baker Street and Waterloo Railway maps and to Category:London Underground RJD
- Category:Baker Street and Waterloo Railway maps sub to Category:Baker Street and Waterloo Railway and to Category:London Underground maps
- Category:Baker Street and Waterloo Railway sub to Category:London Underground
- Category:London Underground RJD sub to Category:London Underground maps
- Category:London Underground maps sub to Category:London Underground
File:Underground Stations in Shepherd's Bush.svg
Hi David. For your information I've just reverted this to the old version since your file had a problem with thumbnail generation. I don't know the exact reason but it must have been something internal in the image file with a code library because I got error messages of that sort when clicking the thumbnail text. I'm no graphics expert but I guess this might occur while using open source tools like GIMP with a bug in the SVG layer coding or something. Regards, De728631 (talk) 23:27, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
Copyright status: File:Down Street tube station plan.svg
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Down Street tube station plan.svg. I notice that the file page either doesn't contain enough information about the license or it contains contradictory information about the license, so the copyright status is unclear.
|File:Patrick Abercrombie, 1945.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
David, please put a north pointer on your otherwise excellent plan of Aldwych tube station