SVP, envoyez vos messages au Wikipedia français. Adresse ci-dessous. Merci
Please send your messages to french wikipedia, same user name. Thank you:
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Please give images good descriptions
I noticed you've uploaded one or more images and I thought I should turn your attention to a common error.
Please give some thought to writing a good description of uploaded images. This ensures that they can be used. It also helps those that review and improve categories do a better job, which also ensures that images will get used in novel and interesting ways. Thanks, and happy editing! __ ABF __ ϑ 15:32, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful informations about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
- You have to send the message to our OTRS system, sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org where you have to send also a copy of the email that let you use the images. They will give you an OTRS Ticket that you can use for that images. Bye, --Filnik\b[Rr]ock\b!? 12:03, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Nid artificiel - oeufs de caille.jpg was uncategorized on 5 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Joël Bêty.jpg was uncategorized on 5 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Thomise rose et blanche.jpg was uncategorized on 4 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:16, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Thuya - Ecorce et tronc.jpg was uncategorized on 20 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 21 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Haricot décoratif.jpg was uncategorized on 20 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 21 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Calendula(cuivrée).jpg was uncategorized on 20 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 21 August 2011 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.