More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Battle of Gunzburg 1805 Campaign Map.JPG was uncategorized on 5 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Thomas Forrest by Charles Willson Peale 1820.jpg was uncategorized on 16 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:40, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Sir George Osborn, Baronet by George Romney.jpg was uncategorized on 13 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:47, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
Hi, just wanted to let you know that I have used two of your maps in the article about Jean Baptiste Bernadotte in Norwegian Bokmål/Riksmål, I am rewriting and expanding it. Regards, Ulflarsen (talk) 16:46, 21 October 2014 (UTC)