More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:45, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Doubles2x.jpg is uncategorized since 20 April 2009.
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
Thanks for translating the Farsi to English at File:Chemical weapon2.jpg! That image is categorized here:
- Category:Halabja chemical attack - The source for the other images there is
Can you tell me who took the photos for that source page?
I couldn't tell from Google translation of Persian (Farsi) to English:
There are also these sajed.ir photos:
That page is the source for this category:
I also asked for help at User talk:Mardetanha#sajed.ir photos.
- Hi, the page doesn't say who took the photos (at least I couldn't find anything) but they are all released under the GFDL license. You should not worry about authenticity of the photos. sajed.ir is an official governmental website I believe. This is as reliable as one can be about the photos. --DoostdarWKP (talk) 08:03, 8 July 2009 (UTC)