User talk:Doug youvan
|This user has been blocked
The reason for the block is available in the . The administrator listed in the can give you further information.
See also the contributions of this user or the in order to find out why this user has been blocked.
- I think you have misread me, and I wish to appeal my block 93625. My goal in these past few discussions has been to protect the WMF from copyvios which appear to be tantamount to copying in entire textbooks on ocean wave power by Crowsnest, who also appears to lack proper licensing for the software he is using to produce graphics. If you look on his discussion page, my tone was very friendly up until the time he cut me off. Recall, also that he has deleted my 3 e-books from my biography on .en in a highly vindictive manner. What is wrong with External Links to ISBN numbers? Why allow such censorship?
- Also, on anything related to even the possibility of child porn, why not alert the FBI? It is my duty as a US citizen. They have databases that might help in ongoing criminal investigations. Blocking me over the FBI suggestion rings of stopping a whistle-blower. Are you sure you wish to be known in that manner over an image that has no apparent use and might involve a child (under 18)?
- This brings up another point for both the encyclopedia and Commons: I think we need a rating system. The motion picture industry complied quickly in a voluntary manner with such a request from Congress, years ago. Do you really want your child surfing into certain articles and images without parental controls? Doug youvan (talk) 16:29, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Youvan now even goes further than in Commons:Village pump#$10,000 Donation to the WMF, if ...: he here starts to accuse me of "...copyvios which appear to be tantamount to copying in entire textbooks on ocean wave power by Crowsnest, who also appears to lack proper licensing for the software he is using to produce graphics." -- Kraaiennest (talk) 21:26, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
- Walter, OK, strike the comment you reference. I can't currently edit that page:
This user is currently blocked. The latest block log entry is provided below for reference:
20:30, 9 February 2012 Zscout370 (talk | contribs) blocked Doug youvan (talk | contribs) with an expiry time of indefinite (account creation disabled, e-mail blocked) (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Administrators%27_noticeboard/User_problems#Doug_youvan using the Commons as a platform to bypass en.wikipedia blocks for harassment)
An Apology to Kraaiennest / Crowsnest ...
was written 3 months before this current affair:
My apology is attached to a figure that is probably the strongest scientific evidence to date of Intelligent Design and/or Creation. Crowsnest brought that figure up for deletion and failed. My editorial ban on the encyclopedia also arose over Creation in discussions with Hrafn on the "Young Earth Creationists" article. Doug youvan (talk) 15:38, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
|File:Youvan Pseudocolor 004.pdf has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
As Youvan's Executor, I have the responsibility of carrying out his instructions. He directed me to use his home computer, log on as him, and enter a DOD. His DOD is 5/20/2012 in the Philippines. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Doug youvan (talk • contribs) 23:34, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
- Wow, if this is legit then my deepest condolences to the Youvan family. :( Lewis Collard! (lol, internet) 17:12, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
- Indeed, condolences are in order.--Prosfilaes (talk) 19:25, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- I also offer my condolences. User:Zscout370 (Return fire) 18:35, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
Reports of Youvan's death were incorrect. It was a kidnapping by the "Atavan Gang" in the Philippines. Private negotiations brought about his release. -Executor. —Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:54, 1 June 2012 (UTC)