User talk:Doug youvan/archive 2
On images that I have generated, should I also be dropping my source code into the discussion page of those images? The intent is to describe the image in a manner that will survive a web site such as [] - which might not be around forever. Doug youvan 13:20, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
- Further disussion is here: User_talk:Herbythyme#Source_Code Doug youvan 15:26, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
- Moved again: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Help_desk#Computer_code_on_discussion_page.3F Doug youvan 15:51, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
You seem to have got pretty active over the last few days, and want to upload a large number of images- its worth checking out Commons:Tools/Commonist. It makes life a lot quicker- though does have a few annoying faults. It can't do a name change on upload, and changing folder wipes your data- but it save hours. ClemRutter 11:48, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks Clem. That will also help with my tendency to forget long tags and make the serialization of related images more consistent. Doug youvan 11:54, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful informations about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
- It's a goof, bot, and it needs to be deleted. Just reloaded without the mistake of copy / pasting a second Image in the Image name. Doug youvan 12:14, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:GCMOON.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
- Hey thanks. I would never find such a thing. Way cool! Doug youvan (talk) 17:26, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- But oops. It seems that the template needs a copy over here on Commons if possible.
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Doug youvan!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Douglas Youvan, 2010.jpg was uncategorized on 14 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Jesus Christ.tif was uncategorized on 17 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:00, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Satan.tif was uncategorized on 17 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:00, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Kraaiennest.tif was uncategorized on 8 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:38, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
|File:Genetic Code Structure.JPG has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added may soon be deleted. If you believe this file is not a copyright violation, please explain why on the file's talk page.
|File:Genetic_Code_Structure.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
|File:Secular_Fascism.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
English Wikipedia dispute
Hi Doug youvan;