- For a quicker response, you may wish to leave a message for me on the English Wikipedia, where I am logged in much more frequently. — ERcheck 01:53, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Yann 04:22, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
Question about Wikimedia Commons policy on uploading of images
I am not sure what you like to know and if I have the information you want. In the precise case of this composite image, the images might be or might not be in the public domain (if they come from government officers), but I doubt the text is.
Now I can't say anything about the controversy about the article itself on en.wp. Regards, Yann 04:00, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
- A criteria is that media in Commons should be useful for other projects. There obviously are if the article on en.wp is kept. Yann 04:51, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
Whether you supported, opposed, or were neutral, thank you for participating in my RFA, which was successful. I started several days ago on the constructive comments. — Rlevse • Talk • 18:15, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:VP-91 logo.jpg is uncategorized since 14 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:45, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
|File:Senator JohnFKennedy.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.