|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 16:30, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Huygens-Fresnel.jpg was uncategorized on 19 April 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Kirchhoff 2.jpg was uncategorized on 24 April 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Wave screen dump.jpg was uncategorized on 2 May 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:49, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Holographic resolution.jpg was uncategorized on 28 May 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 29 May 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Grating50.svg was uncategorized on 2 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:49, 3 July 2011 (UTC)