More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
You made 2 files with the same name. Please have a look to the file in Commons:Featured picture candidates. Keep care that this file in Commons:Featured picture candidates will not be deleted. I think the other file must therefore be deleted. It is not easy to change a file in Commons:Featured picture candidates. Speak with somebody of Commons and ask what to do. You can also read the instructions on the top of this page (Made a mistake?). - Thanks for the support of my image. - Thanks for the support of my image. --Michael Gäbler (talk) 21:13, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
- I uploaded the first file with a space in the file name accidentally so re-uploaded it. I have now changed all of the links on the Featured picture candidate page to the correctly named file. Etincelles (talk) 21:30, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Etincelles Logo.png was uncategorized on 10 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:59, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
Many thanks that You have changed the voting. I now a bit got tired also deliberated for ever to leave the Wiki-project.
Whether there is at You a retouched uncropped variant of photo?
With best regards --George Chernilevsky talk 17:36, 13 February 2010 (UTC)
|Hello, Etincelles. You have new messages at George Chernilevsky's talk page.
Many thanks again for support votes. And bit more information about voting:
- Strong support, support or weak support always = +1 on Commons (only as the emotional factor). However it is considered in en-Wiki as +1.5, +1 or +0.5.
- За =(za, not three a) = support in Russian = +1 on Commons.
- Any oppose vote should be with explanation of the reasons. Otherwise it is considered impolite.
The image File:Sergei Rachmaninoff LOC 30160 cropped.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Sergei Rachmaninoff LOC 30160 cropped.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.