More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
I'm currently translating the above file into Afrikaans for the article about the solar systen and was wondering if you could remember which font you used for the names of the bodies? Some of the names needn't be translated and I can still use the first half of Mercurius (which means less time trying to smooth the grading the background near the sun). Regards, Anrie (talk) 09:49, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
- My contribution was only to add the newest dwarf planets to the existing image. I identified the relevant font using the tool at  (but don't buy from them because they scam payments for free fonts as do most of the font sellers on the web). It was "Folio Bold Condensed BT" which I got free from . The original size was approx 27pt at -50° rotation, but the labels of the dwarf planets at the bottom right looked as though they were at a shallower angle to my eyes due to an optical illusion, so I increased the angle for those to -55° which then looked OK to me. --Farry (talk) 12:26, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:53, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Swineflu uk consultations.svg was uncategorized on 21 August 2009.
- Image:Swineflu rcgp consult.svg was uncategorized on 21 August 2009.
- Image:Swineflu uk rate.png was uncategorized on 23 October 2009.
184.108.40.206 17:27, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
|File:Turkish lira symbol 8x10px.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Hi, thanks for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Historical_usage_of_long_s.svg. Very interesting. 220.127.116.11 03:19, 11 April 2012 (UTC)