From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
. I will receive an email alerting me to your post.
Illinois route maps
Hi! I noticed that you're generating maps of Illinois routes. Some thoughts:
- Some of the side routes on the maps aren't being generated in the maps; for example, File:Illinois 90 map.svg doesn't show IL 91, even though IL 91 is important to IL 90. Is there is any way to generate other state routes as significant regardless of the importance hint in the source data? I don't know about the NHPN data enough to know if it shows all the state highways or just the big ones on your maps. I do remember that Omnedon (talk · contribs) had a similar problems with his maps: see File:Location map of Peoria County, Illinois.svg (which omits IL 90 and shows only a stub of IL 8 in West Peoria) vs. File:Map highlighting West Peoria Township, Peoria County, Illinois.svg (which shows IL 8 and IL 90). He forgot to correct it again when he generated the 2010 Census maps, though, and I don't think he's around anymore.
- Is there any way to generate the town names at the beginning and end, or is it a pain to determine whether an end is inside a boundary?
- I've created Category:Road maps of state highways in Illinois to match some of the other states. Hope this helps. --Closeapple (talk) 06:44, 3 June 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the input.
- I'm at the mercy of the NHPN data. If you look at my contributions, you'll see I skipped a couple between 89 and 99 because of gaps in the data. Adding some IL route markers is easy to do.
- Similarly, adding the endpoint cities is easy.
- Thanks. I knew there were new road map categories, but I can only remember Road maps of Illinois. –Fredddie™ 16:41, 3 June 2014 (UTC)