More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images 
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Michael Grimm LA.jpg was uncategorized on 2 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:54, 3 August 2011 (UTC)
- I didn't really upload anything. I took a commons pic already here and re-digitized it. Fyunck(click) (talk) 05:28, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion 
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
Đoković parents 
Hi Fyunck, although I agree that Djokovic is better than Đoković, for the fact that I assume that most of the world finds the Đ character awkward; please don't try pushing through names with policies from Wikipeida. Commons has no geographic notion and it is encouraged that files and categories are placed in the person's correct name in their native language. However if an English translation pops up because an English speaking user or person took the picture (and the upload can't be bothered to change the name) uses that name in uploading then that's OK. But it is not OK to change the name of files just because it ain't in English, and vise versa. And yes, I don't see why the name was changed to Đoković in any case, as I explained that both versions of Djokovic are acceptable, just that using guidelines from English Wiki to move files is not cool when it's an international website with no language boundaries. Flickrworker (talk) 12:04, 23 March 2013 (UTC)
- I wasn't pushing anything. I noticed the change and liked the new sentence structure. I don't really know what the policy is here for naming of photos as compared to wikipedia. I simply thought that with his international tennis spelling being Djokovic, and since that's what people would tend to look for, I simply asked if it could be changed back to Djokovic. If it didn't get changed back I wasn't going to worry about it. I realize that commons, as opposed to English wikipedia, is an international repository of images. Fyunck(click) (talk) 19:15, 23 March 2013 (UTC)