Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:51, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Kent Gudmundsen.jpg is uncategorized since 9 May 2009.
- Image:Jonni Solsvik.jpg is uncategorized since 9 May 2009.
- Image:Augustinus Sellevold memorial.jpg was uncategorized on 21 September 2009.
No, I had not seen your question to User:Hekerui and I could not see it as it is on his talk page. I deleted the file as a copyright violation after it was nominated by another editor, which is correct. It is not important if it is TV capture of video capture. Sv1xv (talk) 04:42, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
Posting this the second time now just in case I didn't get it right the firdt time around! I've hardly ever used wikimedia so I couldn't figure out how to get in touch with you to remove it, therefore I removed the picture myself. It's taken of me, and suddenly I found it out there on the net. I don't want it on an open website that everyone can access, with pages like IAM and whatnot. That's why I removed it, so I hope you can remove it for me? Regards! (talk)
-- Som de sier, gjort er gjort og spist er spist! Går sikkert rette veien det her, lar du meg vite når du får tilbakemelding? Hilsen AA
Kikket akkurat over portrettgalleriet på brukersiden din, imponerende hvor mange, gode og wikirelevante portrettbilder du har lastet opp hit til Commons. Godt jobbet! Finn Rindahl (talk) 16:28, 4 November 2009 (UTC)