More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
|File:Gabriella_Silva_Brazil_Swimmer_01.JPG has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
Please do not make screenshots of random videos or copy&paste images from the web. Images on Commons must be free. Free means: the copyright owner allows everyone to use the image for every purpose including commercial use. Please read the Commons:First steps. Martin H. (talk) 23:07, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- I already did, thank you very much for your understanding. In case you need future help, maybe with your own photographs you want to upload, please feel free to ask. --Martin H. (talk) 23:11, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:55, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:ArcoRodoviarioRJ.JPG was uncategorized on 22 September 2009.
- Image:P507-Desmentindo a teoria.jpg was uncategorized on 1 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:P506-Teoria das Hidroplacas e idade criacionista da Terra.jpg was uncategorized on 1 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:P504-Teoria das Hidroplacas.jpg was uncategorized on 1 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:P113-Idade da terra.jpg was uncategorized on 1 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:P112-Rutherford datação de rochas.jpg was uncategorized on 1 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:P503-Teoria das Hidroplacas.jpg was uncategorized on 1 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:ViadutoTransOesteAmericasSalvadorAllende2011.JPG was uncategorized on 23 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 24 January 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Recreio2011.JPG was uncategorized on 23 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 24 January 2011 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:AVDOMHELDERCAMARA2010.JPG
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:AVDOMHELDERCAMARA2010.JPG, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
- Please indicate where this map comes from, or on which dataset you based it. Thanks. –Tryphon☂ 17:01, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
Hi! It has come to my attention that you have removed a warning which says that a file doesn't have enough information about the source or license conditions. Nevertheless, it seems to me that this information is still missing and I have restored the tag. You may either add the required information or, if you think that required information is already given, put the image up for a deletion request so that it won't automatically be deleted. Thank you.