- In the English Lord of the Rings, it's Andúril, with an acute accent. (Not that Tolkien is particularly consistent with his Sindarin long accents.)
- What do you want the tengwar to say? I am competent in English and Sindarin modes. I don't know Sindarin well enough to translate from English, but I'm sure there are reputable translations online. Aranel 02:06, 26 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Well, that was fairly silly. As far as I can tell, Andúril and Narsil are more Quenya in form (I like and know Quenya better, anyway). I looked it up, and Lord of the Rings never provides the text. There are, however, quite distinctly, "seven stars set between the crescent Moon and the rayed Sun". Around them there were "runes", which usually suggests cirth rather than tengwar. I imagine part of the text might have been the name Andúril, which the movie folks apparently translated into Sindarin as Lach en Annûn ("Flame of the West"). They made up some text to put on it for the films (see ) and used cirth (but the language is indeed Quenya). You can see someone else's inscription here. Aranel 02:26, 26 Jan 2005 (UTC)
I have listed a number of images you have uploaded for deletion as commons:Derivative works of copyrighted material. For example, Image:Bilbo_beutlin_by_bente_schlick.jpg (drawing of a character from a movie) and Image:Sauron.jpg (at the very least a derivative of the background you state was used, from http://crashcowboy.ashundar.com/planet.htm, which states " Yeah well about the copyright ... Everybody should feel free to use the images I made. That's what the World Wide Web is all about, huh ? It would be nice though if you would remember it was ME who made them. So don't use them in any commercial way, ok ? Alright, alright here we go : © copyright of all the images on this site: The Crash Cowboy !!!! So don't even THINK about looking at them...."). Kotepho 18:38, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
- OK, I didn't know this policy by the time I uploaded the pics. The artists agreed to the publishing, but I can understand that other rights where affected. Sincerey, Geraldstiehler (talk) (PS: Haven't been online for some time).
Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 has finished
- Message delivered by Lucia Bot in 21:59, 17 October 2011 (UTC)