User talk:Gerda Arendt
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Gerda Arendt!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Verdi Requiem St Martin Idstein.JPG was uncategorized on 15 November 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:01, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Unionskirche Idstein inscription.jpg was uncategorized on 8 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:59, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Logo-eff.png was uncategorized on 2 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:38, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Logo-eff.jpg was uncategorized on 2 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:38, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
I'd like to thank you for your kindness! It is said that a true friend is only seen in time of need, and you proved yourself to be a true friend!
Anyway I came here to share with you this article, which mentions me a few times. It is in German, and I hope you'd be interested in reading it not because it mentions me of course, but because the topic of it is interesting IMO. Best wishes.--Mbz1 (talk) 21:03, 24 April 2012 (UTC)