More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
BotMultichillT 05:54, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:54, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Μολιστα Αγιος Νικολαος πορτα.JPG is uncategorized since 14 April 2009.
- Image:Κορομηλια.JPG was uncategorized on 14 August 2009.
- Image:DSC00021.JPG was uncategorized on 10 April 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Wikipedia workshop Ioannina May 5 2011.jpg was uncategorized on 6 May 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 7 May 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Κατάληψη Δημαρχείου Λάρισας 28 Σεπτεμβρη 2011.jpg was uncategorized on 28 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:51, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Κατάληψη του Δημαρχείου στη Λάρισα στις 28 Σεπτέμβρη 2011.ogg was uncategorized on 28 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:51, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
La fakto, ke Oleg326756 alŝutis la logotipon al Vikipedio, ne signifas, ke li estas la aŭtoro.
Kaj li tute nenion skribis en la priskribo pri ia ajn permesilo, do vi maldevis skribi, ke ĝi estas sub GFDL. Oni povas fari tion nur se la kopirajtoposedanto ĝin permesas. Dosieroj en Vikimediaj projektoj ofte ne estas sub GFDL. Ili devas esti sub ajna libera permesilo, sed kelkaj vikipedioj, inkluzive de la esperantlingva, permesas uzi dume neliberajn dosierojn danke al la leĝescepto „justa uzo“; la Komunejo tion ne permesas, ĉar la escepto ne uzeblas por tiuspecaj kolektoj da verkoj. Nur la tekstoj en la plejmulto de la projektoj estas ĉiam sub GNU FDL.
Fakte, iam Oleg326756 alŝutis la dosieron ĉi tien kiel neliberan logotipon, kaj sekve ĝi estis forigita. En la priskribo li nomis Aaron’on Chapman’on ĝia aŭtoro.
Tute senrilate al tiu alŝutinto: eĉ se dosiero en Vikipedio (aŭ Komunejo) havas liberan permesilon en sia priskribo, ĝi povas esti falsa permeso, do oni devas atenti kaj pripensi la alŝutaĵaron de la alŝutinto ktp.
|File:Agioi_Taxiarxes_Ganadiou.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 09:01, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee