Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:RioRancheria.JPG was uncategorized on 15 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:RiohachaCorregimientosCamarones.svg was uncategorized on 17 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:LaGuajiraMunicipios.svg was uncategorized on 17 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:PlanoCamarones.svg was uncategorized on 18 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Bajiplaniciaguajira.svg was uncategorized on 18 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:EscudoUniguajira.svg was uncategorized on 19 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
You have uploaded several files that are copyright violations and you have done so despite our requests not to do so, and despite our instructions. If you do not stop uploading files that are not free, your account will be blocked. See Commons:Licensing for the copyright policy on Wikimedia Commons. You may also find Commons:Image casebook useful. Please leave me a message if you have further questions.