More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
IP block exempt
Please read the page Commons:IP block exemption carefully.
Note in particular that you are not permitted to use this newly-granted right to edit Commons via anonymous proxies, or disruptively. If you do, or there is a serious concern of abuse, then the right may be removed by any administrator.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Greenhouse Effect zh-hans.svg was uncategorized on 2 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 3 April 2010 (UTC)
You haven't actually nominated it for deletion until you fix the template, and complete the rest of the procedures. In any case, Wikimedia Commons has many "special or fictional flags", and we don't usually delete them just for being special or fictional (though they can be deleted for being maliciously hoaxing or hatemongering). AnonMoos (talk) 21:07, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
Beijing Metro Map
I made a branch of the SVG map and cleaned it up for "future considerations" as you can see in that above entry. Unfortunately that was before some changes to the planned metro and that you made the map Chinese-only/English-only.
I think the clean version will have advantages (like choosing whether to show the map in English, Hanzi, or both, and using the map in other contexts. Are you interested in joining up?
海澱黃莊 -> 海淀黃莊
囯貿 -> 國貿
A barnstar for you!
|The Graphic Designer's Barnstar|
|您做的 File:北京地铁6号线快慢车模式示意图.gif 好赞～ Zheng1212 (talk) 16:16, 2 January 2013 (UTC)|
Beijing Subway Line 3
- Sorry, as of now, i can not find any reliable source for the stations in line 3 and other new lines. --DS-fax 13:17, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
Mislabeling of Huixinxijie Nankou
Since I can't seem to find a Talk page for the image, I'll comment here: in http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Beijing-Subway-Plan_en.png / http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Beijing-Subway-Plan_en.png the station Huixinxijie Nankou is mislabeled as Huixinxijie Beikou. It's correct in http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Beijing-Subway_en.png .— Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
- acknowledged. will fix it in the update tomorrow. Thanks. --DS-fax 13:16, 26 December 2014 (UTC)