|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Crantor orbit.tiff was uncategorized on 28 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 29 January 2011 (UTC)
- Image:КовалевскийВИ.jpg was uncategorized on 29 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:53, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Vyborg 1710 fleet.jpg was uncategorized on 11 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:57, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Norfolknavalbase3.jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:18, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:World City Survey.png was uncategorized on 4 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:59, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Global Power City Index.png was uncategorized on 4 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:59, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Global Cities Index.png was uncategorized on 4 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:59, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Occupy world locations.png was uncategorized on 17 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:09, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
The colour for Tripoli is wrong. It should certainly be green. Ghaddafi clearly controls this city since he allowed some foreign BBC journalists (Jeremy Bowen here) to visit it on Saturday to show them that he firmly controls the city centre and virtually all of its suburbs. Today the people in Tripoli are afraid of protesting some more since his thugs will shoot them a third time after Friday's massacre. That is why Ghaddafi remains in power unless someone shoots him or he is overthrown by an invasion from the east. But he controls Surt which makes it hard for the Eastern Libyans to attack Tripoli in large numbers at present.
- Yes, there is some clashes in Tripoli but Ghaddafi still rules the city at present. Without arms the people in Tripoli cannot do much against automatic guns, helicopter gunships and RPGs if Ghaddafi wishes. Tripoli is not like Sabratha, Zawiya or Misurata. If it falls, he is finished. That is why he will fight to the death to control it with his son's elite brigades and African mercenaries. Regards, --Leoboudv (talk) 06:22, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
Please fix VA Eastern Shore on File:2016_US_Senate_election_seats.png
Question about this picture :Potomac green water.JPG
Question : The green color of water on this picture Potomac green water.JPG ; is it really eutrophication bloom ?... or could it be fluoresceine ?
And thank you for your pictures
--F. Lamiot (talk) 18:22, 28 September 2014 (UTC)