User talk:Jack ma
I will reply to your comments here, unless you expressly prefer otherwise. If I have contacted you on your talk page, then I'm watching it and you can answer there.
Photo à renommer
Bonjour Jack ma. Cette photo correspond à la category:Château de la Meynardie que je viens de créer et qui correspond à la commune de Saint-Privat-des-Prés (et non Saint-Vincent-Jalmoutiers). Je te laisse le soin de la renommer avant de la réimporter sur l'article Wikipédia qui va bien. Cordialement. Père Igor (talk) 15:02, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
- Bonsoir Père Igor. Je vais corriger cette bévue. Merci et cordialement, Jack ma (talk) 15:39, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
Cherchant sur commons une photo de l'église de Ballans, je me suis rendu compte qu'il y a un petit problème: Category:Église Saint-Jacques de Ballans Une des deux églises représentée en photo n'est pas la bonne mais j'ignore laquelle. Est ce que vous auriez fait une erreur d'identification?
- Désolé pour le dérangement, j'ai ma réponse. C'est la même église, il y a deux frontons : un avec une croix et l'autre avec une girouette, d'où ma confusion.
- De Jaucourt (talk) 10:16, 26 September 2014 (UTC)
Pinus pinaster pics
Hi Jack - please leave the photos of natural (not cultivated) Pinus pinaster, etc., in the species category; there are well short of the 200 images in the parent category so subdividing is counterproductive and not necessary. If they are removed into numerous minuscule subcategories, it makes them exceedingly tedious to find, and denies access to them to external users like the Encyclopedia of Life which use the taxonavigation as a target to access images. Also, please be very careful, when categorising plant photos, not to mix natural and cultivated specimens in the same category. Thanks! - MPF (talk) 17:20, 4 October 2014 (UTC)
- Hello MPF. Category:Pinus pinaster is like any other category. There are many Pinus pinasters in Charente-Maritime (France). Category:Pinus pinaster in Charente-Maritime is a more precise category than Category:Pinales in Charente-Maritime. So please leave these categories by countries. But exceptionally (COM:OVERCAT, more than 2 levels between), we can duplicate these pictures to Category:Pinus pinaster. Jack ma (talk) 18:07, 4 October 2014 (UTC)
Dear Jack ma. Please note that in Category:Folklore 013 and Category:Folklore 014 "Folklore" is not an abstract term but the own name of this specific music festival, see http://www.folklore-wiesbaden.de/, so "Folklore (Festival)" IMO was the correct category name. --Krd 08:31, 25 October 2014 (UTC)
- Hello Krd. I have created Category:Folklore festivals because because there was a naming confusion with your category Category:Folklore (Festival) (e.g. this file from Columbia). Why not create Category:Wiesbaden folklore Festival, or Category:Wiesbaden Festival (folklore), or Category:Wiesbaden Festival, which would be in Music events, Folklore festivals and Wiesbaden ? Regards, Jack ma (talk) 08:39, 25 October 2014 (UTC)
- Your suggestions are all not hitting the subject. It is a festival with name "Folklore"; it is in Wiesbaden, but it's not a "Wiesbaden Festival". It's also not a "folklore festival", but it's the "Folklore festival", so "Folklore (festival)" is the correct name, because Folklore is the name and (festival) is the distinguisher against "Folklore" in general.
- I see that "Folklore festivals" and "Folklore (festival)" are confusing, but they are the correct terms. --Krd 09:27, 25 October 2014 (UTC)
- So I suggest Category:Folklore (Wiesbaden), because it is unique to Wiesbaden, otherwise the title is confusing among other folklore festivals in the world. Jack ma (talk) 13:22, 25 October 2014 (UTC)