User talk:Jan Kronsell
Hello - thank you for providing images to the wikimedia commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to the commons should be useful to all users of wikimedia projects - this is possible only if the images can be found by other people. To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should either place the images on topic pages (galleries), or put the images directly into a category, or do both. Which of those possibilities is preferred is however a matter of debate, see here.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There is a large number of completely unsorted images on the commons right now, see Commons:Really unused. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do! Thank you. -- Duesentrieb 16:36, 30 May 2005 (UTC)
Ah, I just saw you did. Well, never mind then, and thanks :) -- Duesentrieb 16:37, 30 May 2005 (UTC)
- 1 Image:JacksonStreet1.jpg
- 2 TUSC token 2553dea744de4481e9f939c7f3aab45c
- 3 File:MysticModel.jpg
- 4 File:Mounds.jpg
- 5 Lee tomb image
- 6 Notification about possible deletion
- 7 Presbytere
- 8 Tip: Categorizing images
- 9 Graceland photo release for book
- 10 File:AlabamaWelcomecenterI10.jpg location description incorrect
Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Please remember that all uploads require source, author and license information. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which information may be missing. Thank you.
TUSC token 2553dea744de4481e9f939c7f3aab45c
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Deleted - Double reg.
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
- Thanks! Between your guess and its similarity to this image, which I know is at Bynum, I'm confident that you're right. I've added it to en:National Register of Historic Places listings in Mississippi. Nyttend (talk) 16:51, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
Lee tomb image
Thank you for releasing your photo of Lee's tomb into the public domain. I've made use of it, with acknowledgment of course, here: .
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
Hi Jan. I am making a slide show music video based on a song i wrote when i lived in New Orleans, and i would like to ask your permission to use your photo Presbytere in the video for 3-5 seconds. I could send you a link to the video preview if you like. I'm new to this, so I'm just not sure how to go about it. I have had my music "borrowed", so I thought it would be best to ask. Cheers, Kelly (Kellycavanagh)
- Hi Kelly
Hi Jan. Thanks for that. here's the link. I do believe this is the final version, but it's not public yet. Soon as i get an ok from everyone involved i'll make it so. Click on the link and watch it in full screen for the HD quality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62V1TnZOA-s I can add a link to your website in the video description if you like. Any comments and feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks for watching, and have a great day! cheers, kelly
Hi again. That is indeed the link to the final, now public, version. Jackson Square was one of the places I used to play, and you took this photo about two weeks after I left town, or I might have been in it! Feel free to share. cheers, kelly
- Thank you. It's to see pictures from New Orleans again even if I have not visited since 2004. My later trips have been to other parts of USA. --Jan Kronsell (talk) 16:55, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Jan Kronsell!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:LamarValleyHerd.jpg was uncategorized on 19 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 20 February 2011 (UTC)
Graceland photo release for book
I'm interested in using your Graceland photo in a book I'm writing.
I know it's available under Creative Commons, but I would need your agreement to a specific form (that I can send you via email).
If you're willing, you can email me at alec /at/ mcnayr /dot/ com, and I'll provide more details.
I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!!
File:AlabamaWelcomecenterI10.jpg location description incorrect
It appears that the location given for File:AlabamaWelcomecenterI10.jpg is incorrect. Using google satellite and streetview at the Alabama Welcome Center along I-10 at the Mississippi border, I noticed more trees, a lake that is not as large or as close as the body of water in the image, no overhead signage and a different parking configuration. Looking at other rest areas along I-10 or Alabama, it is unclear where this location is. Please help verify where this is. Thanks Xnatedawgx (talk) 19:45, 29 September 2013 (UTC)
- I agree. I visitet the Welcome Center last yrat and i it does not look anything like the picture. Bujt if it is not from the Welcome Center I don't know whewre it is from. Theprecious picture shows my then wife outside a building at the same place with the text Alabama on the side, but this building looks nothing like the present building at the welcome center. I try to figure out where the picture may have been taken.