- 1 Welcome to Mark Turner's Wikimedia Commons page!
- 1.1 Image Tagging Image:North-Carolina-Executive-Mansion-20080321.jpeg
- 1.2 Image Tagging Image:Progress-Energy-Center-for-the-Performing-Arts-20080321.jpeg
- 1.3 Great work...
- 1.4 Appreciate the pictures!
- 1.5 Description of and link to category
- 1.6 Dodd-Hinsdale House image request
- 1.7 Tip: Categorizing images
Welcome to Mark Turner's Wikimedia Commons page!
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Sz-iwbot 20:53, 11 April 2008 (UTC)
Image Tagging Image:North-Carolina-Executive-Mansion-20080321.jpeg
...on all of these pix. Don't worry about these Commons bots. I think you added the information so they won't be deleted. This site is insanely weird and difficult. AgnosticPreachersKid 03:12, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
Appreciate the pictures!
I have seen your photo File:Artspace-20080429.jpeg. Could you please mention something more in the description about where the photo was taken such as country and city. Further could you please add a link to a category otherwise it is very difficult for others to find your photo. In your gallery http://toolserver.org/~daniel/WikiSense/Gallery.php?wikifam=commons.wikimedia.org&img_user_text=Jmturner I have seen more photos without a link to a category. Could you please add these links. Info about that you can find on page Commons:Category. Thanks Wouter (talk) 22:14, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
- Ah, thanks for the tip. I haven't thought of adding categories to my photo but its a great idea. I'll work to get those updated. Jmturner (talk) 02:21, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
Dodd-Hinsdale House image request
Would you consider taking a photo of the Dodd-Hinsdale House (330 Hillsborough Street)? The current photo has a copyright violation (may be removed soon) and is not very large. I directed this request to you because you are from the area, and I appreciate the quality of your other Raleigh images.
- Sure! I'll swing by this week to capture a new, public domain image. Thanks for asking (I love assignments)! Jmturner (talk) 14:50, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Historic Mordecai House-Raleigh-NC-13 Sept 2010.jpeg was uncategorized on 23 September 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:07, 24 September 2010 (UTC)
Jim, Good to hear from you. Got your note about the USS Truxtun. If you could dig up that pic, that would be great! thanks, chris