More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:58, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Dave Van Ronk 1963 Newport Folk Festival.jpg was uncategorized on 14 August 2009.
- Image:Fritz Richmond On Washtub Bass.jpg was uncategorized on 14 August 2009.
- Image:Jim Kweskin Jug Band 1963 Newport Folk Festival.jpg was uncategorized on 14 August 2009.
- Image:Fritz Richmond On Jug Club 47 1964.jpg was uncategorized on 14 August 2009.
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
- File:Fritz Richmond On Jug Club 47 1964.jpg
- File:Fritz Richmond On Washtub Bass.jpg
- File:Dave Van Ronk 1963 Newport Folk Festival.jpg
|Hello, Journeybear. You have new messages at Stefan4's talk page.
|File:Mary Lou Lord - Got No Shadow.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.