More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:58, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:John Carpenter 1372-1442.JPG is uncategorized since 29 March 2009.
- Image:Foundation Stone City of London School.jpg is uncategorized since 29 March 2009.
- Image:John Carpenter 1372-1442 wall plaque.JPG is uncategorized since 29 March 2009.
- Image:RR-AF1 Screensaver.jpg is uncategorized since 20 April 2009.
- Image:Mendenhal Glacier 2003 Panorama.jpg is uncategorized since 20 April 2009.
- Where do come this postcard, that's at least half fake. The castle in picture is from Blandy-les-Tours not Melun. The photography can't be from 1905, has there was no roof on donjons until reconstruction in 1990s. The photography looks like compressed digital photography (color are too good for begining of the century (when almost every photography was in black and white, some was manually postprocessed for colors).Popolon (talk) 23:58, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
File tagging File:Bgbio.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Bgbio.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
Permission emails sent in to: firstname.lastname@example.org<email@example.com>;
Please note that FamilySearch images are not Public domain, per the FamilySearch Content Submission Agreement:
“Copyright. We are sensitive to the copyright and other intellectual property rights of others. Be aware that content, including photographs, stories, and personal experiences, even if submitted to a site to which you belong, remains the property of the creator or submitter. You should not reproduce it without permission of the owner. Photographs of living individuals, except your own minor children, must not be posted without their consent. When creating an audio / voice recording, the personal content recorded should be your own, or if the creation of another, (for example a poem or article), used by permission of the owner.”
I noticed you used that fact that it was on FamilySearch as a justification for uploading File:JSC.jpg as Pubic Domain. That is not true. However it is PD for a different reason.--ARTEST4ECHO talk 13:11, 20 March 2014 (UTC)
Charles Lorain Carpenter Images
From: Chad Carpenter Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:39 PM To: jrcrin001 ; diluvius ; skip Subject: RE: Rear Adm. Charles Lorain Carpenter - images for Wikipedia article
John, I, Chad Carpenter, grandson and family representative of the Charles L. Carpenter (CLC) family, release low resolution images of CLC for use in Wikipedia/Commons under the Creative Commons Attribution with no additional restrictions. I give John R. Carpenter (aka jrcrin001) permission to upload these images for and on behalf of my family for use on Wikipedia/Commons.
The images are 1) the image of the painting of CLC, 2) CLC standing in front of his painting in the 1970s, 3) image of CLC receiving Rear Admiral epaulets during his retirement ceremony, 4) a copy of a US Navy image taken in 1943 showing CLC (center right) being rescued after the cruiser USS Helena was sunk in the Kula Gulf, Solomon Islands, and 5) a copy of a US Navy DD-214 given to CLC.
I understand this will allow people to: Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms. Under the following terms: Attribution — Anyone using these images must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license where uploaded, and indicate if changes were made. They may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits. See: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/ Thanks,
Chad M. Carpenter Chairman and CEO Reven Logo Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1459 La Jolla, CA 92038-1459