- I usually contribute to the norwegian language version of Wikipedia as user Kagee.
- I'll be notified about changes to my watchlist and my user talk via email, so feel free to post talks here.
Kvikne church... our family left Kvikne in 1906 and settled in Alberta Canada. It is a delight to see the church, and we are sharing the photo amongst the family members. Thank you
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 17:06, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Grinaker church, restored ceiling art.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Thanks for your great photo of the Kvikne church. I too have relatives who left Kvikne in 1906 bound for Canada (Alberta). 25 left in May of 1906 - Erland Paulsen of Baekkesletten with his family, his relatives the Massings of Masseng and his 1/2 brother Osten Amunsen of Syltjordet. Do we have any connections??
All the best, nancy (email@example.com)
Bilde av Dynnasteinen (kopi)
Eg jobbar med ei bok om nordiske namn på engelsk som skal komme ut på University of Wisconsin Press i 2010. Eg vil gjerne bruke bildet som du har teke av Dynnasteinen (kopien) som illustrasjon. Eg skriv sjølvsagt namnet ditt under bildet. Eg har også prøvd å få bilde av originalen frå Kulturhistorisk museum, men dei er svært trege med å svare. Det kan hende dette ordnar seg før eg må sende inn manus, men elles vil eg gjerne bruke bildet ditt.
Nancy L. Coleman
- Hyggelig å høre :) — Kagee 02:19, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, they ask me in february 10, to reuse this picture. Thank you for your information. Sémhur (talk) 15:09, 16 April 2010 (UTC)
Kvam krk., Nord-Fron
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. odder (talk) 21:33, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
I want to use a copy of your Hadeland Glassverk photo(s) on my family's website (not for profit). I will give you credit on the website. If you would like, I can link the photo(s) to the wikipedia page or to a different website.
You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on my family's website (www.RosteFamily.com).
Thank you for your contribution to Wikipedia and Norwegian History.
-Steven J. Røste in Minnesota, U.S.A.
- Thanks for telling me — Kagee 13:46, 10 July 2014 (UTC)
Bruk av bilde - Grymyr skole
Kreditert iht. artikkelen.
- Takk for beskjeden. Krediteringen er jo nesten større enn bildet :) — Kagee 16:54, 8 January 2015 (UTC)