|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:TamilnaduMGRMedicalUniversity.GIF was uncategorized on 22 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:03, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Kallidaikurichi-pronunciation.ogg was uncategorized on 7 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:30, 8 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Palayamkottai-pronunciation.ogg was uncategorized on 7 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:30, 8 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Thiruvananthapuram-pronunciation.ogg was uncategorized on 7 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:30, 8 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:TvMC-Logo.gif was uncategorized on 31 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:33, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
File tagging File:Tirunelveli Medical College - Logo.gif
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Tirunelveli Medical College - Logo.gif. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
|File:Thiagacoll.JPG has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.