|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Yann 16:51, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
|File:Rainforest Kakum Ghana.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:59, 11 October 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Aschanti Gefecht 11 july 1824 300dpi.jpg was uncategorized on 10 October 2009.
Hallo Katharinaiv, you have created Category:Ghanaian sculpture. Thanks for helping here at Commons!
A question: should that be for sculptures which are in Ghana? Then it probably should be named like the others in Category:Sculptures by country: Category:Sculptures in Ghana. Cheers --Saibo (Δ) 00:35, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
- okay, a motion is proposed at User talk:CommonsDelinker/commands. I find it so better too. But then we would need still a Categorgy:Art of Ghana as parallel category. But no problem... I will tidy a little bit there in the next days. --Katharinaiv (talk) 12:49, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. -- Common Good (talk) 19:27, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
Africa through a lens
Hi there, I'm Elitre and I'm writing case studies for the SYK initiative, like this one. Before translating it I would love to mention you and other people cropping and improving TNA files of this collection. Would you please send me a list of the people involved, the reason why you're working on it, and other details that you think may help? An e-mail would just be fine. Thank you, have a nice day, --Elitre (talk) 09:55, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
- I will send to you an answer on the talk site of your account. --Katharinaiv (talk) 09:57, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee