User talk:KnowLimits

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search


Welcome to Wikimedia Commons, KnowLimits!
Afrikaans | Alemannisch | العربية | Asturianu | Azərbaycanca | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Български | বাংলা | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Euskara | Estremeñu | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Frysk | Galego | עברית | हिन्दी | Hrvatski | Magyar | Հայերեն | Interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | 한국어 | Latina | Lietuvių | Македонски | മലയാളം | मराठी | Bahasa Melayu | Plattdüütsch | नेपाली | Nederlands | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Scots | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Kiswahili | தமிழ் | ไทย | Türkçe | Українська | Vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | 中文(台灣)‎ | +/−

-- 06:25, 12 December 2011 (UTC)

{{helpme}} I received Welcome Message and posted response. Set it up wrong, so that my response added trail to an existing topic. I then added additional comment, asking someone to please fix it.

  1. Would someone lease fix it?:-) (I'd consider that "Minor Edit" -yes?)
  2. Can you tell me if/how I can fix something like that, especially if I notice it right away?

Thanks. --KnowLimits (talk) 12:41, 12 December 2011 (UTC)

Hi. I see that you replied on Commons talk:Welcome log. Your first post there looks fine, but you copied the previous user's (and the recommended) style, using a third-level header "===User:KnowLimits===" rather than what seems to have been your intended second-level header "==User:KnowLimits==" (as is used on other talk pages). There is no need to fix it, you did it right in the first place. Your continuation was fine; if you intended it to be a reply to yourself (which is not typically done), you could have indented it with ":". Your rename request should not have been made that way; the previous posts should have sufficed. Denniss's "cleanup" was good for your rename request, but only made matters worse for the headers. I fixed all the levels there in this edit. If something like that happens and it should be fixed, you should be able to fix it yourself by removing one equal sign on each side, so "===User:KnowLimits===" would become "==User:KnowLimits==". I have taken the liberty of moving everything on your user page but the babel boxes here to your user talk page, where it belongs.   — Jeff G. ツ 19:31, 23 January 2012 (UTC)