More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Re: APEC member countries
- 2 File:QueensMessengerpassport.jpg
- 3 Travel documents / identity cards
- 4 TUSC token b7f8e236b543b31471aa65d6cde83f9f
- 5 Transmission lines, TEPCO
- 6 Tip: Categorizing images
- 7 Category:Passport_stamps_from_Venezuela
- 8 Apologies
- 9 What will you gain?
- 10 File:Forced Labour Convention.png
Re: APEC member countries
Hi, your suggestion has now been created, and can be viewed at File:APEC Business Travel Card Member States.svg. I'm really sorry for the massive delay in my reply, as I've been busy over the last few months. If you have any proposed improvements to the image, I'll be happy to hear them. :) Thanks, cflm (talk) 14:10, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
|File:QueensMessengerpassport.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
Travel documents / identity cards
I believe you were wrong to make Category:Identity cards a subcategory of Category:Travel documents. That would suggest that all (or virtually all) identify cards are travel documents. I will remove that and make Category:Travel documents a subcategory of Category:Identity documents, which I think more accurately represents the relationship. - Jmabel ! talk 18:42, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
- I agree it is often not the case, but how it is perceived seems to depend on the country (continent) where one lives. As in the EU the identity card can be used to travel to about 32 countries it is perceived as a travel document, so I added it for ease of navigation. but indeed it is not always the case... L.tak (talk) 18:44, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
TUSC token b7f8e236b543b31471aa65d6cde83f9f
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Transmission lines, TEPCO
Can I ask, what do you know about Fukushima 1, or is your interest? Do you know about the transmission lines, especially Yonomori?
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Map adoptionconvention.png was uncategorized on 19 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:45, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
|Category:Passport_stamps_from_Venezuela has been listed at Commons:Categories for discussion so that the community can discuss ways in which it should be changed. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this category, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for discussion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it. If the category is up for deletion because it has been superseded, consider the notion that although the category may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new category.
In all cases, please do not take the category discussion personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!
Sorry for reverting your edit at File:BlankMap-World-Microstates.svg, I just couldn't figure out how Lokal Profil caused what they did, or how to fix it besides reverting. I also have no idea what you did; changed a code somewhere, appropriately as far as I can tell, but I don't know how to exploit them at all. Anyway, glad you redid your edit. There will have to be a dot added I think, as the British Indian Ocean Territory isn't there. Don't know if anything else is missing. Chipmunkdavis (talk) 22:31, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
- No problem; it took me two minutes to change that again. If you look in the code, it always gives landxx followed by the ISO3166-code. Those codes can be used in the top of the svg file to colour a group of countries without chaning things in the code below. Very convenient for an svg-newby like me. The reason for my change: noone will recognize South Sudan by the code qx, as it is now ss; that was the change I implemented... (btw: no idea how to add BIOT; and if you know a way to stripe the European Union in the map, I'd be very interested; it's useful for treaties where the EU acceeded as well as -some- of its member states; but I don't even know how to start implementing that) L.tak (talk) 00:11, 8 September 2012 (UTC)
What will you gain?
Ok it's obvious you have more higher ranked buddies that are helping you to win the consensus, edit wars, etc. They have deleted my comments about them immidiately =) wonder why =) Question is what's your obsession about me? A few days have passed and you still posting messages about me on 6 march =))) Are you scared of my commons account, too? I'm not gay like you, so I would quit commons if you want it so much. We normal people can communicate, unlike you gay lobbyists. Just wondering what your purpose is here. As an ordinary user, are you here to contribute something or having obsession about others? Either you are scared that I would uncover your lobby and complain it directly to wikipedia, or you are just a sick mental obsessed case. Dunno which one. and I'm almost 100% sure that you won't be able to answer any of my accusations, because you don't have anything to say against them.--Free ottoman (talk) 21:57, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
- I would have let it slide of You were not using multiple accounts on the same image (which is disruptive, as People dont know You have more than 1...), so it was the Schengen image that triggered me. (Not letting it slide is also something that I can accuse you off: after hafl a year and half a dozen socks you still try to get in an image...) It is a pitty you have resorted to denial there at first at en wiki accusing me of having a personal attack when asking You of You are camoka). Your edits at en Wikipedia were reverted as policy (sock edits can be reverted on sight) and were also not very well targeted: the Kyoto protocol reversion was implementing a talk page collaboration that had included 7(!) drafts)... I do welcome you back on wikipedia if you don't lie, dont resort to personal attacks, and dont sock and suggest you ask for an unblock in 3 months of nonsocking. That is a wp:en:standard offer| (well, policy says 6 months). I have suggested that 3 months ago, when you didn't want to listen as i was not an admin... Well, I still am not, but i know the policy in that respect. As for my 'friends': i don't have any at the pedia and never have off wiki conversations (in chats etc), so it is pretty much 'what you see is what you get'. You can see my interests from my editing, that is btw different from my life choices (i like to edit where social/technical and legal issues mix; e.g. In gay marriage). Hope that answers all your questions and i sincerely hope you will not be socking here which means getting off with no or a short block on commons... I could use your expertise regarding some svg things that i am not familiar with! L.tak (talk) 05:46, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
|File:Forced Labour Convention.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.