|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Fonte-da-saudade-tanque.jpg was uncategorized on 25 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:05, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Iguape-vista-cristo.jpg was uncategorized on 26 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:01, 27 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Basilica-de-iguape.jpg was uncategorized on 26 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:01, 27 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Martim Afonso de Sousa - Diario da navegacao da armada que foi a terra do Brasil em 1530.jpg was uncategorized on 9 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:39, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
File tagging File:Iguape-lagamar.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Iguape-lagamar.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be deleted after seven days. Thank you.