User talk:Malleus Fatuorum
TUSC token 49a39ca0b343b1394060da2e1b8c124b
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
|Image deletion warning||Image:POMFirstCotton.svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Malleus Fatuorum!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:56, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:MM1PaperTapeEncoding.svg is uncategorized since 24 January 2009. BotMultichillT 05:56, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:DescentChildrenOswiu.svg is uncategorized since 31 May 2009.
- Image:HoeGrain.jpg is uncategorized since 31 July 2009.
- Image:HodgeBeck.jpg was uncategorized on 19 October 2009.
- Image:GreatMoretonHall.jpg was uncategorized on 10 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:11, 11 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:JohnHuntNightman.jpg was uncategorized on 16 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:12, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:ForthValleyRoyal.jpg was uncategorized on 4 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:32, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
I saw some problems over at other places, so maybe you might want to divert your efforts to here, Wikiversity, or somewhere similar? I have some information you might find useful to those ends, so get in touch. Ottava Rima (talk) 19:09, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
- Only at one other place Ottava, wikipedia. Anyway, nice to hear from you again. What are you working on now? --Malleus Fatuarum (talk) 22:16, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- I've been doing maintenance work over at meta, maintenance and a literary lecture project at Wikiversity, simplifying various pages of mine at simple.wikipedia, and helping validate literature at wikisource. I need to start uploading some more images at commons for the various other projects. My meta talk page is the easiest place to get in touch with me. I'm going to try and turn the Johnson page into simple English (and trim it down a little) in March/April. Ottava Rima (talk) 01:15, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
Malleus, the OTRS for this file is missing (seems like no OTRS member has tagged it since you sent your email). Could you help its location by providing information on your email at Commons:OTRS/Noticeboard#File:Worsley Man.jpg? Thank you. Jappalang (talk) 04:20, 11 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi Malleus, I see that you and Giano are working on en:Montacute House at the present time, and I have taken the liberty of uploading around 40 different photos from Flickr of the subject, which you may wish to get into the article to replace lower quality photos. Here is the cream of the crop of what I have uploaded for you guys.
- A few nice interior shots there, which is something the article's missing. Thanks. Malleus Fatuorum (talk) 16:57, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
- No problem, anytime. You might also want to look at replacing some of current photos in article --just a suggestion -- e.g. File:Montacute gardens (4676379814).jpg is very high resolution and has fantastic colour, etc. But of course; that's entirely up to you guys. Cheers, russavia (talk) 17:02, 24 April 2013 (UTC)