User talk:Marion Simons
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
|File:Great Blue Herons.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
- You need permission of the sculptor as well as the photographer. See: Commons:Freedom of panorama and have Lee H. Letts send an email to Commons:OTRS. Make sure he includes all the file names so the OTRS volunteers can find them.--Canoe1967 (talk) 14:57, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
- Can you have him send an email to OTRS? We need the permission of the photographer as well as the sculptor in some countries. The deletion reviews take 7 days minimum but can be extended if the OTRS takes longer.--Canoe1967 (talk) 15:10, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
- You are very welcome. I started a project about this at: User:Canoe1967/Sculptors but it doesn't have much input so far. Lee may be our first real sculptor for it.--Canoe1967 (talk) 18:23, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
We are excited Lee is finally on Wikipedia ––it is not an easy task! Thanks again for your help. 22.214.171.124 01:27, 23 June 2013 (UTC)Marion Simons
- I see you have other uploads of his works as well. Make sure he lists all the file names for them with OTRS. Should I make a category for him and put it in Category:Sculptors from the United States?--Canoe1967 (talk) 04:21, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
I believe we've done the permissions correctly for the other photos--I'm sure we'll find out if we didn't ;-) I am not sure about the 'Sculptors from the US' category––he is already in 'American Sculptors.' Is the category just for permissions, only in the OTRS? If you think it would help us add future photos, by all means go ahead. Many thanks again.
- Categories all fixed now. The categories you created didn't match our system. I made Category:Lee H. Letts and put it in a few that do match. If you end up with Category:name in red that means the category doesn't exist. The blue ones do exist. Red new ones can be tricky and are usually done by those experienced to make them blue. If you contact OTRS again it may be easier to let them know the images are all in his own category now -->Category:Lee H. Letts--Canoe1967 (talk) 23:46, 23 June 2013 (UTC)