|Image deletion warning||Image:WikipediaTechnical.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. If the file is up for deletion because it has been superseded by a superior derivative of your work, consider the notion that although the file may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new file.
This is an automated message from User:DRBot. 02:28, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
That is a photo of a sign - the photo is my own - clearly the sign isn't my work - it is a (council/shire?) sign at Hillarys... maybe the copyright needs changed then? SeanMack 12:00, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
I'm almost regretting I mentioned the option of letting the Vasa Museum write a specific permission for the image of the model, because I'm extremely skeptical of the rationale for deleting it in the first place. I'm sure you've read my thoughts on the matter at the deletion discussion, and I can't really see the point of deleting images like these. We are not talking about pictures of proper works of art, but reconstructions, nor are we dealing with museums that have any vested interest in restricting distribution of their exhibits.
I have no idea how the mail from Maria Andersson was worded, but I'm suspecting it wasn't intended to mean that use was restricted. Could you fill me in on what the problem is exactly?
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful informations about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:02, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Errorline.png is uncategorized since 2 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:02, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Errorbg.png is uncategorized since 2 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:02, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:WikiMediaPlayerGradient2.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:WikiMediaPlayer.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:P2250090.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:WikiMediaPlayerGradient3.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:WikiMediaPlayerGradient.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.