Just for Info:
The image Image:Wing.flaps.750pix.jpg you uploaded has been set on speedy deletion because it was already here in higher resolution as Image:Undercarriage.b747.arp.jpg. If you used this image in other wiki articles please update links to the other version. --Denniss 21:45, 18 May 2005 (UTC)
- Oh-oh... I missed it. Thanks for notifying me. Please delete the duplication whenever you want, since I've already fixed the link. - Marsian 02:44, 19 May 2005 (UTC)
There exists Category:Experimental aircraft. Shouldn't this category be merged into it? Even if both are to be remain, at least X-planes should be categorized under experimental aircraft, I guess... - Marsian / talk 05:56, 4 August 2005 (UTC)
- Merge is a good Idea. Question: separate cats for prototype and experimental aircraft or should both be merged into experimental ? --Denniss 08:54, 4 August 2005 (UTC)
- Well, I'm not so sure, but I guess most of the aircraft in this category are expreimental, aren't they? So I don't think we need a separate one, at least at the moment. When the number of photos of prototype is increased, then it might be the time to crate one.
- I also point out en: does not have separate category for prototypes, even they have huge number of aircraft articles, which must include a number of prototype aircraft... I don't know exactly under which categories they are placed, but I noticed XF-s and YF-s are categorized under the fighters, not the exprimentals. - Marsian / talk 05:51, 6 August 2005 (UTC)
Hey, I've heard your record Ja-LessonIntroKonPron-practice - good job and great voice! :) Is it possible to record also numbers from one (一) to ten (十) like in here for example? We could use it in wiktionary project then. Thanks in advance. Warszk 11:48, 10 November 2006 (UTC)
- Hej Warszk. I'm glad to hear you liked the bites. You came just at the right time. Yesterday or so I read threads of discussion relating to Japanese romanisation and prnunciation issue on en.wp "Manual of Style of Japanese" or like, and thought: "Hej, how helpful it would be if I just present more soundbites for them, even though I'm not that good voice actor?" And now your post. Numbers? Gotcha, I'll go for them first! Wait a minute then... --marsian 15:59, 14 November 2006 (UTC) mod at 07:04, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
- Wait for another minute (what a long "minute") for "Ja-4-yon". I simply forgot to rec it. I didn't record "ku" for 9 or "toh" for 10, since they are rarely used w/o another words. I.e. when used it's almost always with another word(s), like 十日 (tohka, 10th day of the month). I guess it's better provide (if needed) each words: 九時 (kuji, nine o'clock), 十日, 二十日 (hatsuka, 20th day of the month), etc. --marsian 07:04, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
- ありがとうございます! Excellent job! :) Here is the first usage in the Kashubian Wiktionary: いち. Your work encouraged me to record my pronunciation of Kashubian words, I will try to work with that soon :) What do you think about cutting Ja-LessonIntroKonPron-practice-files into separate words? In my opinion, it would be best if every word and kanji reading were recorded, as well as example sentences and so on... Warszk 13:46, 19 November 2006 (UTC)
- Not at all. どういたしまして。Kashubian? (... seeking ...) Aha, so you're a ... Polish? or... possibly a Canadian? Anyway, I wonder how your words sound like... I'm lookin' forward to your work!
- Cutting: hm, it's quite easy with Audacity. Wait for a while, I'll give it a try (I thought the original WAV files are stored somewhere in my hard disk). Every word!? Hey, it's a bit tough for me :-/ Well I'll do my best ... wait, "and so on"?!! :-O --marsian 14:48, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
Japanese Aviation at Wikibooks
Not sure where to contact you. I couldn't find a project where you've been active lately and Wikibooks didn't have an email address for you. Your user page here says this will get to you, so I'm trying that.
You left an aviation page on a sub-page of your userpage on the Japanese Wikipedia. I was just wondering if you would mind if I moved it to the vocabulary section of the b:Japanese wikibook.
Also, there has been a lot of work done to restructure the book contents. "Again?" you may ask. Not quite. Unlike former re-writes, this round consists mainly of making sense of the material that's already there. This much more humble approach seems to be working. Your comments would, of course, be greatly appreciated.
- Since I lost my password for ja:user:marsian, I got another account under ja:user:.m... but anyway I'm not active lately. You are free to move anything I wrote to the wikiprojects, but I'm not sure which page you're reffering to, and whether it's appropriate for the wikibook.
- I feel a little sorry that I don't contribute to wikibooks these years. Instead I sometimes pop up in the forum on a site named StudyJapanese.org. The main reason is that I prefer answering the questions by learners to making lessons.--marsian 04:29, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry, I mis-spoke(/wrote). I didn't mean "Japanese Wikipedia", but rather "the Japanese Wikibook at Wikibooks". I was referring to b:User:Marsian/Vocabulary Aviation. I'd like to move it to a sub-page of the b:Japanese/Vocabulary and modify it to use b:Template:Japanese vocabulary entry.
- There is actually a side to the Japanese wikibook which is severely lacking, the b:Japanese/Pronunciation page, which you could really help out with. Currently it's just a phrasebook-like guide to the pronunciation of Japanese sounds providing comparison with sounds from the English language. English pronunciation of these words differ and therefore it would be great to have something less relative to go by.
- Noticing your many great sound-files here on commons, I was wondering if you had the time to contribute sounds for the syllabary so that we could link to them from the pronunciation page, and b:Japanese/Kana and its sub-pages.
- Many thanks for your work so far! It is very useful. --Swift (talk) 03:53, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
Pronunciation Recording Gadget
Hey Marsian, as a contributor of pronunciation audio samples, please share your opinion on the creation of a gadget guiding through the whole process (recording, uploading and inclusion) and, provided that you’ll attend Wikimania, please feel invited showing your interest in a proposal for a presentation that will cover the gadget for 5-15 minutes (depending on the audience).
Questions? Do not hesitate asking me on my talk page. Thank you.