User talk:Mathias Schindler
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Mathias Schindler!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Netzpolitischer-Kongress-2010-Susanne-Baer.jpg was uncategorized on 13 November 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:47, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Nk10-9080.jpg was uncategorized on 13 November 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:47, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Dennis-Gladiator-2001-Juni.jpg was uncategorized on 22 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:17, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
Deutsche Wochenschau newsreels and Bundesarchiv
Hello Mathias. Some time ago regarding some problems with some Bundesarchive pictures I had paid for to use in Commons Raimond Spekking mentioned your name as one of the people that had been involved in the deal with the Bundesarchiv that got the use of their pictures for Commons. As such, I was wondering if you could lend me a hand or advice on how to get permission to keep these newreel clips  in Commons. I uploaded them by mistake from archive.org wrongly assuming they were free by now. They are not but I checked and the copyright lies with the Bundesarchiv. So I thought there may be a fair chance to get permission to use them in similar conditions to the photographs. But before trying to contact Bundesarchiv myself as a simple user I thought it advisable to contact both you and Raimond for guidance. The higher the chance to keep this most interesting material for use in Wikipedia, the better. Any suggestions are most welcome.--Rowanwindwhistler (talk) 07:57, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.