User talk:Matthias Blazek
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Matthias Blazek!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:10, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Crown of Creation 1.jpg is uncategorized since 5 March 2009. BotMultichillT 06:10, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Eltze 1826 Repro Blazek.jpg was uncategorized on 9 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:58, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Barackenlager der I.M..-G.-K. in Schneeren.jpg was uncategorized on 2 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
File tagging File:Crown of Creation album Real Life, 1994.gif
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Crown of Creation album Real Life, 1994.gif. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
- Thank you, Túrelio. It is now done. I've sent a message with these words: "(File:Crown of Creation album Real Life, 1994.gif) I am the author and copyright holder of the photo above. I agree to license the file under the given license." My file informations were perhaps misunderstanding.--Matthias Blazek (talk) 08:36, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
|File:Matthias Blazek.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
- That's right. There is no further use for this file. Thank you. --Matthias Blazek (talk) 18:06, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
|File:CD cover Crown of Creation 1997.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added may soon be deleted. If you believe this file is not a copyright violation, please explain why on the file's talk page.
- Hello Harold, Thanks for your message! I'm not quite sure why this happens now. It is, how I mentioned while uploading, my own work and also my own photo and I allow everybody to use it in every way. I've just sent the request. Best,--Matthias Blazek (talk) 18:22, 14 November 2013 (UTC)